Licence & Class Types
Summary of Licence Types
There are 5 different Grades of Licences from Practice to Pro. These are best explained in detail in the Karting Australia rules, however at a high-level it can be summarised as:
- E Grade – Practice licence (minimum 6 years old). 7+ year olds can compete in 1 race / year on this licence.
- D Grade – P Plate Race licence (minimum 7 years old).
- C Grade – Club Karter to State Level. Requires a minimum 4 x races on P plates and 4 x competency based D > C grade licence endorsements.
- A & B Grade – Generally National competition and High Performance classes.
Refer to http://www.karting.net.au/administration/rules for more info about Licence types in Competition Rules – Chapter 4.
Summary of Class Types
There are many different classes that are best explained in the Karting Australia rules. The most popular classes raced at Sapphire Coast Kart Club are:
- Cadet 9 – Minimum 7 years old to date of 10th birthday
- Cadet 12 – Minimum 9 years old to date of 13th birthday
- Junior KA4 – Year of 12th birthday to date of 16th birthday
- Junior KA3 – Minimum 13 years old to date of 16th birthday
- Senior KA3 100cc – Minimum 15 years old and up
- Senior TaG(R) Restricted 125cc – Minimum 15 years old and up
- Senior TaG Unrestricted 125cc – Minimum 15 years old and up
There are also provisions in the Supplementary Regulations to hold races for other classes and these are held on demand.
Refer to http://www.karting.net.au/administration/rules for more info in Class Rules.
For more info about Licencing and Class Types visit: